Meet Director Ray Flynn anticipates more than the usual remarkable feats at the New Balance Track & Field Center at The Armory during the 109th NYRR Millrose Games on February 20th.
Flynn, the owner of the Irish record in the mile (3:49.77) and 89 sub-4 minute mile marks, is in his fifth year overseeing the NYRR Millrose Games and believes this field is his best ever. Flynn provides 10 appealing storylines that will make this year’s meet truly special:
1. Can the world's greatest athlete Ashton Eaton win both the hurdles and the long jump? Eaton is the Olympic champion and world record holder in the decathlon.
2. Can anyone beat 4-time Olympic gold medalist Allyson Felix in the 60m?
3. Can Marquise Goodwin, the self-proclaimed fastest man in the National Football League, beat the NCAA champion and World Championships bronze medalist Andre De Grasse?
4. Watch Olympic medalists and rivals Derek Drouin and Eric Kynard try to jump over 7 feet- 6 inches in the high jump 2.30 meters.
5. Ajeé Wilson and Brenda Martinez go head to head in the women's 800 meters. Will they surpass the American indoor record?
6. The rematch of Molly Huddle and Emily Infeld in the women's 5000 meters. Infeld won the bronze medal over Huddle during their epic World Championship race in Beijing this past summer.
7. Can high school star Drew Hunter, improve on his incredible national high school record in the Mile of 3.58.25?
8. Watch Lolo Jones in her come back 60 hurdles race after making the Olympic bobsled team against the world's greatest hurdlers.
9. Can defending champion Shannon Rowbury run under 4.20 in the women's NYRR Wanamaker Mile?
10. Will we witness the first ever sub 3.50 mile in the historic NYRR Wanamaker Mile from Nick Willis or Matthew Centrowitz or both! Their rivalry continues!
TO PURCHASE TICKETS for the 109th NYRR Millrose Games please go tohttps://tickets.nyrrmillrosegames.org/Tickets.